- Obtain a copy of your criminal record from the Attorney General in Providence, RI.
- File a motion for expungement at the same court location where the charges were brought against you.
- Get the court date.
- Notify the Attorney General and the arresting police department of your court date.
- Appear in court with your lawyer or have your lawyer appear on your behalf.
- Provide proof that you are eligible for expungement.
To read more about the expungement process, eligibility and laws go to the Rhode Island Expungement page.