Rhode Island DWI Attorney
Rhode Island takes drunk driving charges very seriously. If you get accused of driving while intoxicated, you will need an experienced Rhode Island DWI Attorney. Attorney Joshua Macktaz has over 20 years of experience in criminal and DWI defense. He used to teach police cadets about DWI prosecution and now he uses his extensive knowledge to help the accused.
Rhode Island DWI Laws
If you get accused of driving with a BAC of .08 or higher, you will get charged with a DWI. A guilty verdict could lead to the following consequences:
- Fines & Fees
- Jail Time
- License Suspension
- Community Service
- Drug/Alcohol Treatment
- DWI Class
The specific charges that you face depend on the number of previous offenses and how much alcohol you had in your system. A Rhode Island DWI Attorney can give you information specific to your case.
Rhode Island DWI Defense
During a free consultation, Rhode Island DWI Attorney Joshua Macktaz will be able to evaluate your best defense. Here are some typical DWI defenses:
- Illegal Stop: If the officer had no right to stop you, the arrest is not legitimate. Police need probable cause to pull over a driver.
- Inaccurate Field Sobriety Test: If you got arrested based on an inaccurately administered field sobriety test, the arrest might not be valid.
- Inaccuracy of Breathalyzer Results: There are rules and regulations regarding chemical tests to ensure accurate results. If authorities failed to implement the proper procedure, the test results could get thrown out.
- Involuntary Intoxication: If you were given alcohol without your knowledge, this might be the most suitable defense.
- Necessity: Due to an emergency situation you had to drive. We must be able to prove that driving avoided a situation that would have caused more harm than driving drunk.
There are many possible defenses to a DWI charge. An experienced Rhode Island DWI Attorney will know how to prove your case.
If you get accused of drunk driving, you need a Rhode Island DWI Attorney. The police and the prosecution are highly trained in proving drunk driving cases. Without a Rhode Island DWI Attorney standing up for your rights, it will be tough to win your case. Even if you were not drunk, you still need a skilled attorney to help you prove it.
DUI Attorney RI Joshua Macktaz is one of Rhode Island’s most experienced DWI attorneys. He will dedicate his time to your case to properly defend you. Give him a call 24/7 at 401-861-1155 to schedule a free consultation.